My passion is dark fiction, and if you want to get really specific, I’d say it’s weird dark fiction.
Over the years, I’ve also written a lot of pop culture books, which are close to my heart but in a different way from my fiction. My goal here is to entertain readers and open new avenues of thinking about everything from literature to neutrinos to space exploration to human relationships.
DARK FUSIONS: Where Monsters Lurk
(editor, PS Publishing, Nov. 2013)
A smorgasbord of weird fiction, dark science fiction, dark fantasy, and pure horror. Some of these stories will blow your mind. Others will just the scare the hell out of you.
(PS Publishing, Nov 2013)
At World Fantasy Convention on Friday, Nov 1 from 4-6 pm, please join us at the PS Publishing Book Launch Party for DARK FUSIONS. I’ll be there as editor, along with a few of the contributors.
Here’s the front cover and inside flap:
Here’s the back cover and inside flap:
*Preliminary Ballot for HWA Best Collection of 2011
*Wee Sweet Girlies short-listed for 2011 Year’s Best Horror
*4 stories received Honorable Mentions, 2011 Year’s Best Horror
(ed., Ellen Datlow)
THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS COMPANION:
City of Bones, Shadowhunters, and the Sight: The Unauthorized Guide
(St. Martin’s Press, June 2013)
THE DIVERGENT COMPANION
LOIS H. GRESH is the New York Times Best-Selling Author (6 times), Publishers Weekly Best-Selling Paperback Author, Publishers Weekly Best-Selling Paperback Children’s Author, and USA Today Best-Selling Author of 27 books and 55 short stories. Her books have been published in 22 languages. Current books are dark story collection ELDRITCH EVOLUTIONS (Chaosium 2011, BookViewCafe ebook 2012), horror anthology DARK FUSIONS (editor, PS Publishing, Oct 2013), THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS COMPANION (St. Martin’s Press, June 2013), and THE DIVERGENT COMPANION (St. Martin’s Press, Feb 2014). Look for upcoming stories in MARK OF THE BEAST (Chaosium, 2014), ELDRITCH CHROME (Chaosium, 2014), MOUNTAIN WALKED (Centipede Press, 2013), BLACK WINGS III (PS Publishing, 2013), MADNESS OF CTHULHU (Titan Books, 2014), SEARCHERS AFTER HORROR (Fedogan & Bremer, 2014), THAT IS NOT DEAD (PS Publishing, 2014), EXPIRATION DATE (Edge SFF Publishing, 2014), DARK FANTASTIQUE (Cycatrix Press, 2013), BLACK WINGS IV (PS Publishing, 2014), MAD SCIENCE CAFE (BookViewCafe, 2013), etc. Lois has received Bram Stoker Award, Nebula Award, Theodore Sturgeon Award, and International Horror Guild Award nominations for her work.
- Writer Guest, Ancient Aliens, History Channel, airs often
- Writer Guest, Batman Tech, History Channel, airs often
- Writer Guest of Honor (GOH), Roc-Con 2012
- Writer Guest of Honor (GOH), Eeriecon 2011
- Writer Guest of Honor (GOH), Roc-Con 2011
- Writer Guest of Honor (GOH) Speaker, Hofstra University Conference, November 2007
- Writer Guest of Honor (GOH) Speaker, New York Academy of Sciences, NYC, November 2007
- Writer Guest of Honor (GOH) Speaker, The Century Club, Rochester, NY, September 2007
- Writer Guest of Honor (GOH) Speaker, University Librarian Conference, Colorado, June 2007
- After Dinner Speaker, Ninth Rochester International Conference on Coherence and Quantum Optics, June 2007
- Writer Guest of Honor (GOH) and Speaker, Perugia Science Festival, Italy, 2006
- Featured by Scientific American Book Club, Science Fiction Book Club, and Library of Science Book Club
- Featured in New York Times Book Review, USA Today, Science News, Publisher’s Weekly, National Geographic, Physics Today, New Scientist, U.S. News and World Report, Entertainment Weekly, many others
- On Nebula preliminary ballot for Best Novel of 1999, Science Fiction Writers of America, Inc.
- On national fiction ballots six times for Best Story of the Year
- Won national award for best modern cyborg science fiction; story published in international graduate-level Cyborg Handbook/Routledge Press
- Television: Interviewed on national Fox News television, BBC World Science News, live news programs & talk shows in NYC, Connecticut, Virginia, Rochester, Canada; featured in Batman Tech & Ancient Aliens, History Channel; interviewed by television producers from Discovery Channel, ABC News
- Radio: Interviewed by hundreds of radio stations, including National Public Radio, the BBC, 5 cable networks in Canada
- Best of Show Award (top award given), Rochester Society for Technical Communications, 2003, for The Science of Superheroes; entry went to the International Competition
- Teen science books and novels endorsed by the American Library Association, Voice of Youth Advocates, School Library Journal, Today’s Librarian
- Books published in 22 languages & available worldwide: Italy, Japan, Spain, Russia, Germany, Portugal, France, Brazil, Thailand, Korea, China, Estonia, England, Canada/French, Finland, Poland, Czech, etc.
- Staff novel reviewer – Science Fiction Cable Channel, Nov 2004-Dec 2009, RIP